Frequently Asked Question
Repair and Replacement Costs
• In recognition of the advantages that come from being issued a
Device and the considerable expense to MCS in funding the
Device program, the student and student’s parent/guardian
acknowledge that they must bear some risk for the possibility that
the Device may be damaged, lost, or stolen.
• Determination of accidental, negligent, or deliberate damage will be
made by local school administration.
• Accidental damage of the Device may result in a $20 fine per incident
in order to cover the administrative and labor costs of device repair.
• Loss of Device, Charger, and/or Protective Bag will result in charges
for the full replacement cost of the lost items.
• Malicious damage (as determined by school administration) of the
Device, Charger, and/or Protective Bag will result in charges for the
full replacement cost of the damaged items.
• For purposes of this document, the replacement cost will be the actual
cost to MCS at the time of replacement of a new Device in Moore
County, North Carolina, at retail price.
• For purposes of this document, the repair cost is the actual cost to
MCS to have the Device fully repaired by a qualified repair
technician of MCS’ choosing to the condition the Device was in
when it was originally issued to the student.
• MCS reserves the right to decline to issue a replacement Device if it
determines, in its sole discretion, that the risk of loss or damage to
the replacement Device is unacceptable. The decision not to issue
a replacement Device shall not excuse the student and his
parent/guardian from any fees associated with the loss, theft, or
damage of any previously-issued MCS Devices, given that those
fees are intended to help offset the actual cost to MCS of repair or
replacement of MCS property.
• Students may be barred from participating in extracurricular activities for
failure to pay fees, including any technology fees. Seniors may also be
barred from participating in graduation ceremonies until all fees are paid